By Benoni Mugarura-Mutana
Have you received Jesus Christ as your personal Savior and Lord?
If you have, he has set you free through his victory over sin and death on the cross. Your destiny is eternal and your security is in Christ.
If you are not experiencing freedom, it may be because you have not stood firm in the faith or have not actively taken your place in Christ. Your daily victory as one chosen by God is at stake if you fail to claim and maintain your position in Jesus.
Here are some verses from the Bible to remind you of who you are in Christ.
- You are a child of God (John 1:12)
- You are a friend of Christ (John 15:15)
- You are not at war with God, but at peace (Romans 5:1)
- You are called to be separate and holy (2Corinthians 6:17)
- You are adopted into God’s family through Christ (Ephesians 1:5)
- You are forgiven (Colossians 1:14)
- You have been given fullness in Christ (Colossians 2:10)
As a true believer in Christ, you are not a helpless victim. You are not merely caught between the spiritual forces with no way out.
Consider the nature of God your Father through our Lord Jesus Christ.
- Only God is omnipotent. This means He is the Almighty, the all-powerful. Nothing is impossible with him.
- Only God is omnipresent. Psalm 139: 7-10 “Where can I go from your Spirit? Where can I flee from your presence? If I go up to the heavens, you are there; if I make my bed in the depths, you are there. If I rise on the wings of the dawn, if I settle on the far side of the sea, even there your hand will guide me; your right hand will hold me fast.”
- Only God is omniscient. He is all knowing, completely understanding you, His creation, and loving you all the same. In Him is all knowledge you need to live a victorious Christian life.
Sometimes the reality of sin and the presence of evil may seem more real than the presence of God; this is part of Satan’s deception. We should remember that as a Christian, you have victory over the enemy through an all powerful, all-present, all-knowing God.
For further study:
I am secure in Christ –Romans 8:1,2; 8:28; 33:34; 8:35; 2Corinthians 1:21; Colossians 3:5; Philippians 1:6; 3:20; 2Timothy 1:7; Hebrews 4:16; 1 John 5:18.
I am significant in Christ – Matthew 5:13, 14; John 15:1, 5, 16; Acts 1:8; 1Corinthians 3:16; 2Corinthians 5:17-20; 6:1; Ephesians 2:6, 16, 3:12. Philippians 4:13.